Dress Your Body Type
Every woman must have some basics in her wardrobe. Tim Gunn has his list of 10 items, Stacy and Clinton have a list, and I, too, have created a list or capsule of 7 items for each body type. You can pick whatever styles, (bohemian, funky, sophisticated et cetera), and colors you prefer, but the items indicated for your body type are based on the shape of the clothing that will be the most flattering on you. Each body type is looking to create a specific silhouette. Pears want to balance out their hips, apples want to balance out their shoulders, rectangles want to add femininity, and hourglasses want to highlight their proportions.
Your body type is determined by three things: your shoulders, waist and hips. It’s the silhouette or outline of your body. The four body types are:
• Narrow shoulders, defined waist, wider hips
• Carrying weight in the bottom half
• Find out what looks best on Pears >
• Broad shoulders, no defined waist, no hips and flat bottom
• Carrying weight on the top half
• Find out what looks best on Apples >
• Shoulders, waist and hips are the same width
• Carrying weight evenly all over, but weight is in front
• Find out what looks best on Rectangles >
• Shoulders and hips are same width and a defined waist
• Carrying weight evenly all over
• Find out what looks best on Hourglass >
Now take some time to examine your figure in a mirror. Which body type best represents you? Yes, you may have put on a few pounds over the years and your waist might be hard to find, but think back to your thinner days. And no, you are not a pear and an hourglass. You are only one body type. If you still have questions, feel free to email me at Noelle@MyBest-Footforward.com.